Information You Need
At Armando Ramos & Associates, Inc., we treat your home as our own. We offer a wide range of property management services to fit your needs as an investor or home owner, and tailor our services to ensure that you have the highest level of service for your home.
Have a Question?
Frequently Asked Questions
- A description of the property which is sufficiently clear to permit the owner of the property to identify it;
- The place where the property may be claimed;
- A statement to the owner that reasonable storage costs may be charged before the property is returned; Effective January 1, 2013 the notice must also state that if the tenant claims the property in a time period of not less than two days after the tenant vacated the premises, the tenant may minimize the costs of storage. (Cal. Civ. Code sections 1983(b), 1984).
- The date before which the claim must be made. The date given cannot be less than 15 days from the date the Notice is personally delivered, or, if mailed, 18 days from the date the Notice is deposited in the mail. (Cal. Civ. Code § 1983(b).)
- If the owner fails to reclaim the property, it will be sold at a public sale after a Notice of Sale has been given by publication;
- The owner has the right to bid on the property at the sale;
- Once the property is sold, the costs of storage, advertising, and sale will be deducted from the sale price and any remaining money will be paid over to the county; and
- The original property owner may claim the money at any time within one year from the date the county receives the money. (Cal. Civ. Code § 1984.)